Box Edit lets you easily edit files on Box using the native applications installed on your computer. If you can edit it on your desktop, you can edit it on Box! Just click the ‘Open’ button in the file preview page to open any file directly from Box.
With Box Edit, you can:
- Edit files quickly: Open a file directly from the preview page on Box, make edits on your computer, and save it back to Box without any additional steps.
- Edit any file type: Word documents, spreadsheets, presentations, images, CAD files – you name it.
- Easy installation: Start using Box Edit by downloading the Box Tools installer that is accessible through the ‘Open’ button on any file preview, or from accessing https://www.box.com/box-for-devices/. It works on all browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
More details including system requirements, can be found at: http://community.box.com/t5/Managing-Your-Content/Box-Edit-Overview-and-FAQs/ta-p/309
Web App Integrations
- Edit with desktop apps: Open and edit file with desktop applications
- Edit with desktop apps (SFC): Open and edit document in your desktop